Credits: Vegan Bell
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 large potato cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 cup green peas fresh or frozen
- 1 medium head cauliflower cut into large florets
- Handful of freshly chopped cilantro
- Heat a Pan (or Stovetop Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot) over medium heat. Add olive oil.
- Once it’s hot, add cumin. Once it starts to splutter, add garlic + ginger + onion. Stir and sauté until the onions turn golden.
- Add the potato chunks and stir well (around 1 minute).
- Next add the spices – turmeric, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Throw in the chopped tomatoes and mix well (around 2 minutes). Then add 2 tablespoons of water.
- Time to cook the potatoes : For normal pan, cook for 15 minutes over low heat (make sure to cover the lid). For Instant Pot, set the timer to 2 minutes on High Pressure (with quick release). For stovetop pressure cooker, cook for 3 whistles over medium heat.
- Once it’s done cooking, open the lid and add the green peas + cauliflower florets. Mix well to coat.
- Time to cook the cauliflower : For normal pan, cook for 10 minutes over low heat (make sure to cover the lid). For Instant Pot, set the timer to 1 minute on High Pressure (with quick release). For stovetop pressure cooker, cook for 1 whistle over low heat.
- Your Aloo Gobi is now ready. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro and serve.