Credits: Vegan Richa
- 2 tsp olive oil or vegan butter divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 green chili chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup (80 g) chopped onion
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) cumin powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) fenugreek seeds or powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) cinnamon powder
- 1/8 tsp (0.13 tsp) cloves powder
- a generous dash of black pepper
- 3/4 cup (96 g) sliced carrots
- 2 medium potatoes chopped, 1.5 loaded cups
- 1/2 (0.5 ) head of cabbage finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt
- In a large skillet, add 1 tsp oil and heat at medium-low. Once hot, Add garlic, ginger, chili, and onion. Mix, cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the cumin, turmeric, fenugreek seeds, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and black pepper. Mix and cook for 3 minutes to infuse the oil and to continue cooking the onion to golden.
- Add the carrots, potato and mix well. Add cabbage and 1/4 tsp salt. Mix well, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Stir once in between.
- Add 1/4 tsp or more salt, and 1 tsp olive oil. Mix in. Deglaze at this time with water if needed Cover and Cook for another 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. *
- Serve hot with Ethiopian flat bread Injera and lentil wat, ethiopian greens(gomen wat)