Credits: Vegan Richa
- 12 to 14 oz tofu pressed for 15 minutes, sliced into an inch and half length slices.
Marinade and Dressing:
- 1/4 cup (58 ml) soy sauce , use tamari for gluten-free
- 1 to 2 tbsp sriracha or other asian chile-garlic sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) miso
- 1 cup (128 g) or more veggies such as sliced carrots or broccolini
- 8 oz vermicelli or maifun ricce noodles (I use brown rice or white rice maifun)
- a couple of leaves of chard, hard stems removed and chopped
- Press the tofu for 10-15 minutes to remove excess moisture.
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Slice the tofu and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Line a sheet with parchment. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (205 deg C). Fish out the tofu slices and place on the parchment lined sheet. Slice veggies like carrots, beet, broccolini and place on the sheet. Drizzle some of the marinade on the veggies.
- Bake for 18 to 20 mins. or until the tofu is crisp and veggies roasted.
- Meanwhile, cook the vermicelli noodles according to instruction on the package (Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the noodles and cook for 3 to 5 minutes depending on the noodles). Add chopped greens to the pot as well to blanch.
- Plate the cooked noodles, blanched greens in a bowl. Top with tofu and veggies. drizzle remaining marinade and serve. Garnish with cilantro or mint. Add some sprouts or roasted nuts for variation.