Credits: Vegan Richa
- 2 loaded cups (350 g) frozen sweet corn thawed, or fresh corn off the cob
- 1 Jalapeno seeded and finely chopped, or use Serrano pepper (remove seeds for less heat)
- 1/4 cup (6 g) chopped basil or use cilantro
- 1/4 cup (3.5 g) finely chopped red onion
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/3 tsp (1/3 to 1/2 tsp) salt , 1/3 to 1/2
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup (80 g) white rice flour
- 3 tbsp (3 to 4 tbsp) or more cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) or more water
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients corn through baking powder including the baking powder. Toss well to distribute.
- Add water and mix. Add enough water until the mixture is pasty but not a batter. There will be more corn than batter. (Add a tbsp of flaxseed meal to the mix if the fritters dont hold up too well on the skillet in the next step)
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Spray or spread oil on the skillet. Drop large spoonfuls of the mixture on the hot skillet and spread to make a roundish shape. Cook until golden brown on both sides. 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Repeat for all fritters. Serve with chutneys, ketchup, guacamole or vegan ranch.