Credits: Vegan Richa
Chickpea flour batter:
- 1/2 cup (60 g) chickpea flour or use 1/2 cup + 1 or 2 Tbsp more besan/gram flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp flax seed meal
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) turmeric
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) or less paprika
- 1/8 tsp (0.13 tsp) kala namak Indian sulphur black salt for the eggy flavor
- generous dash of black pepper
- 1 tsp oil divided
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 cup (40 g) chopped onions
- 2 tbsp each of asparagus green bell pepper, zucchini or other veggies.
- 1/2 (0.5 ) green chile
- 2 tbsp chopped red bell pepper or tomato
- cilantro and black pepper for garnish
- Blend all the ingredients under chickpea flour batter and keep aside. You can also use lentil batter from my lentil frittata.
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until translucent. 3 mins.
- Add veggies, chile and cook for another 2 mins.
- Add in the red bell pepper or tomato and mix in. At this point you can add in some spices or blends or some chopped greens if you like.
- Pour the chickpea flour batter over the veggies. Cook for 2 minutes or so until the edges start to set. Drizzle 1/2 tsp oil on the edges. Scramble up the mixture and continue to cook. The mixture will get messy and doughy. Scrape the bottom and let it cook undisturbed for 2 mins or so before scrambling again. Continue to cook until the edges start to dry out. Total 4 to 5 minutes depending on your stove and pan.
- Let the doughy mixture sit off heat for 1-2 minutes. Then break into smaller chunks. Sprinkle black pepper very generously. Sprinkle a bit of salt and garnish with cilantro (optional). Serve over multigrain toast or in tacos or burritos.