Credits: Delicious Plants
- 1 cup granulated brown sugar
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk any plant milk will do
- 5 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 oz vegan dark chocolate bar or chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- Preheat the oven to 360 F/180°C
- Chop the chocolate bar into small chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bow, mix together the sugar and soy milk and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Stir in the peanut butter until a smooth consistency is achieved
- Sift in the flour, salt and baking soda and fold in thoroughly with a spatula. Don’t over fold in the flour as this could make the cookies gummy by developing the gluten too much.
- Finally, fold the chocolate chips into the cookie batter.
- Using a heaped tablespoon to measure out cookie batter, spoon out roughly 12 cookies onto a non-stick baking tray. Leave enough room between the cookies to allow for them spreading
- Bake for 13 – 15 minutes, depending on how chewy you want your cookies to be
- Allow to cool for 10 – 15 minutes after they leave the oven and enjoy.