Credits: Vegan Richa
- 1/2 cup (122.5 ml) non dairy yogurt or use blended silken tofu or thick cashew cream or softened vegan cream cheese or vegan sour cream
- 3/4 cup (183 ml) non dairy milk
- 3/4 cup (150 g) or more unrefined sugar preferably powdered
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of a lemon or lime
- 2 cups (250 g) flour I use 1 cup wheat or spelt flour, and 1 cup unbleached white
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 3/4 cup (75 g) blueberries tossed in 1 tbsp flour
- Preheat the oven to 365 degrees F / 180ºc. Line a loaf pan with parchment.
- Add all the wet ingredients in a bowl and whisk until the sugar is well combined. 1-2 mins
- In another bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients except blueberries. Add dry to wet and mix until just combined. Reserve 1-2 tbsp blueberries. Fold in the rest of the blueberries into the batter..
- Drop the batter into prepared pan. Distribute the remaining blueberries on top and press in lightly.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick from the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely before slicing. Frost or ice if needed. A simple glaze of lemon zest + lemon juice + sugar icing works really well.