Credits: Vegan Richa
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 15 oz (425 g) can chickpeas drained or 1.5 cups cooked
- 1/4 cup (40 g) finely chopped red onion
- 1 hot green chile finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (37.25 g) finely chopped tomato optional
- 1/4 cup (4 g) chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cayenne/red chili powder
- a generous pinch of garam masala optional , or use ground chipotle pepper
- juice of 1 lime less or more to preference
- a generous dash of black pepper
- salt to taste
For the sandwich:
- Greens , tomatoes, sprouts, salt and pepper
- bread of choice
- In a bowl, mash the chickpeas and avocado until avocado is well mashed and most of the chickpeas are not whole.
- Add all the ingredients from onion through spices. Mix in. Taste and adjust salt and spice.
- Prep the sandwich bread by toasting if needed. Add a layer of greens or micro-greens of choice. Layer a good helping of the smashed chickpea avocado mixture.
- Add a layer of juicy tomatoes or sprouts and serve. Use this mash in sandwiches, tacos, wraps or salad bowl. Change up the spices for variation