Credits: Vegan Bell
- 1 cup garbanzo beans chickpeas
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Soak 1 cup of chickpeas overnight (or at least 8 hours).
- Cook the chickpeas for 20 minutes (8 minutes in a pressure cooker).
- Optional Step (for creamier hummus): Transfer the cooked chickpeas to a large bowl and add 1 cup of cold water. Rub them together using your hands (or use a kitchen towel) so that the outer skin starts to peel off. Wash and discard the skins.
- Transfer the chickpeas + all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Freezing the hummus for 4-5 hours helps suppress the chickpea flavor.