Credits: The Tasty K
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar (or maple syrup, I tried both but liked the texture and taste of the coconut sugar better)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut cream (full fat)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp cashew butter (smooth)
- • • • • •
- 12 hazelnuts
- 30gr dark vegan chocolate
- Place the coconut sugar, coconut oil and coconut cream into a sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and let simmer for a few seconds while stirring.
- Take the sauce pan off the heat and add the vanilla extract and cashew butter. Make sure you’re cashew butter is really smooth or else you will end up with little cashew pieces inside the caramel.
- Stir until you have a smooth mixture and fill up your cake pop silicone mould.
- Place a hazelnut into each caramel-filled mould and place the whole tray into the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime melt your dark vegan chocolate and place a small drop on top of each toffee.
- Place the silicone tray back into the freezer for 2 hours (or until firm) and enjoy!
- Store in the freezer and let defrost a few minutes before serving.