Credits: Delicious Plants
- 1 14 oz. can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp nori shredded
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon chili flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- 18 oz dried pasta of choice fusilli or farfalle work well
- 3/4 cup mayo
- juice of half a lemon
- green onion finely chopped
- 1 red onion
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1/2 cup peas
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and allow to cool down to room temperature while making rest of the vegan tuna salad.
- Add the chickpeas, nori, crushed garlic, mustard, vinegar, chili flakes to your food processor. Pulse until the mixture has some texture but it well mixed together.
- Add salt and pepper to the mixture to taste.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked pasta, vegan mayo, lemon juice, and mix thoroughly.
- Finally, add the onions, bell pepper, celery, and peas before mixing together.
- Serve and garnish with some fresh lemon juice and chili flakes.